Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Catching Up

I've been dragging around for a while with an ear ache. My home remedies aren't getting me very far. I go from boiling them out with hydrogen peroxide, to pouring alcohol down them in the hopes of drying up the sore place. I don't like going to doctors.


I hope I don't mess up the crystals in my ears. I've had vertigo because of misplaced crystals, and that is a miserable feeling. I'd just about as soon die as go through that again. I couldn't lay down because the bed was spinning, and I couldn't sit up because I felt like the whole world was spinning. It was like riding the tilt-a-whirl without any of the fun. It made me want to throw up. I don't know how anybody can function like that.


A friend who was a nurse told me about the crystals in our ears. They help us maintain balance. She told me of a remedy to get the crystals corrected. She advised me to sit on the edge of the bed and then fall to one side (left or right) and then sit back up. Then I should fall to the other side (left or right) and sit back up. I had to rest when I fell over because I was so dizzy. It was slow going, but my balance finally cleared up so I must have gotten the crystals back where they belonged. 


I was so happy with the cure for this problem that I bragged about it to everyone. When I told my cousin, Nancy, about it she laughed at me and called me Crazy Pam with crystals in my head. She thought I was nuts. I finally ran across an article about the crystals and how they affect your balance. Check out Inner Ear Rock Slides Lead To Vertigo at http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103463398  for more information about those darn crystals.


People say drugs are bad but you don't need any drugs when you feel like you're in a carnival fun-house when you move your head. Ye gads! Getting old is not easy. There's always something going wrong and making you realize you are not immortal.


Have you ever stood up and noticed your skin didn't? I call it elephant skin. I look all wrinkly around my knees. It reminds me of when I used to wear hose and they would always puddle around my ankles, only now it's all down my legs. Gross!


I've always thought they should have a handbook for life. Maybe break it down by age. I wish someone had warned me of the fun facts of old age. I've got old age spots all over me, and my skin is starting to feel like an alligator's. Sometimes I have a fun evening of plucking unwelcome hairs as I peer into a small magnifying mirror. I think about the three little pigs and the big bad wolf. Something about ... 'not by the hair of my chinnie, chin, chin'. Why me, Lord?  Why me?


There are other things, more personal things, that I'd rather not discuss but believe you me getting old affects everyone. If you live long enough it will start working on you. It suffices it to say, you'll understand when you get old


I think I'll go rest now. I'm feeling old.



******

AS ALWAYS

PIO


I'm sorry. I've tried  "twenty ways to Sunday" to fix the link to the article above. 
In the mean time, I'll keep working on it. Thanks
Yeah!! I FINALLY GOT IT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors