Wednesday, April 4, 2012

APRIL

April has always been one of my favorite months. What's not to love? Warm weather, flowers, more sunlight, and longer days thanks to daylight savings time. Everything is in full bloom. I think I even saw some blackberries blooming today. We usually have a cool spell for blackberry winter. Afternoons are in the high 70's, or even in the low 80's here in north Georgia. 


It was Palm Sunday last week, and Easter is this coming Sunday. We usually have a cool spell around Easter, too. I wonder if we're going to skip it this year. That would be unusual. It would be a foreshadowing of a long, hot summer.


I'm back on the cycle again. You know; the endless cycle. Today I took Scout to work and probably will until he gets his car running again. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing. We have more car trouble 'than the average bear' but it has a lot to do with the fact that we drive older cars. Colt is the only one with a new car, a Ford Focus.


Saturday Colt called me from Douglasville. He hit a car in the rear end on the interstate exit ramp. He was upset, but told me he could drive his car home. It took forever before he finally made it home. I couldn't see any damage in the dark but the next morning I looked out the window and saw a rope tied to the fender. Colt had tied it up so it wouldn't flop around. There is no telling how much his little accident cost. Our deductible is high and he will also have to pay his ticket. Youch! I see someone working as my slave this summer. Payback's a bitch.


I'm hoping our fortunes will improve as we move further and further away from March. I guess I'm being superstitious. You would be too, if you'd lived through some of the March's I've seen. 


Now we are in one of my favorite times of the year; the time of year when the grass and the weeds haven't gotten ahead of us yet, and we end up playing a hopeless game of catch up. That will be a good place to start using my poor old slave. "Oh, Colt, honey. Come here! I need you."



HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Sanna, Patricia, Susie, Debbie, Aja, Allan, and Kathy

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Myra and Noodie, Ann and Jim

RIP
Beulah, Henry, and Donna


REMEMBER
Tire Amnesty in Gordon County
April 14 and 21
7AM-1PM

AS ALWAYS
PIO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors