Saturday, March 3, 2012

MARCH

It's time for March madness. I can tell. I've been running around like a bunny on a dog track. Running around and around. I've been taking Scout to work again this week. I made Scout go to the grocery store with me one day. I don't know how it happened, but I ended up buying him a few things. Now I remember why I quit taking the boys to the grocery store with me. It's cheaper. That's why I don't take Donny, either. He's just as bad as the boys. He doesn't have a clue. Sure, he'll come home with some tasty things even though they aren't usually the healthiest things but last week he outdid himself. 

Last weekend he made the best chili. He and his friends have been swapping recipes. His recipe is simple and, according to Donny, tastes like Wendy's chili.
DONNY'S CHILI RECIPE

1 16oz jar Pace's Picante Sauce
1 10oz can Ro-Tel mild diced tomatoes and green chilies
1/2 16oz can Bush's Chili Beans with Pinto Beans in Chili Sauce
1 lb ground beef from the Green Spot in Dalton Georgia
(I think that's the secret ingredient)
I have to admit, it was pretty good! Try it. Mix it up. Let me know if you think it tastes like Wendy's. I would use the whole can of beans.
*****
I finally got our taxes filled out this week. That's something I always dread. It's a deal-breaker this time of year. Pressure is on me to get our taxes filled out in time for Colt to qualify for FAFSA. FAFSA is the Free Application For Student Aid.  Getting an education is very expensive. The Pell Grant helps. If it weren't for the FAFSA I'd probably procrastinate to the very last minute.

It looks like March is coming in like a lion. Storms are lashing all across the country. Tornadoes have been devastating whole communities. The destruction is incomprehensible. My heart goes out to everyone who is suffering nature's wrath. We are in the midst of the storm.

I hope we all make it through this night unscathed. Time to go, for now.
if you are celebrating this month

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Heather, Jami, Dana, Mike, Mary Jane, Johnathon, Jason, Alex, Patsy, Sunshine

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

RIP
Crick, Mary Bell, Evelyn, and Lela

to Vote Tuesday in the Georgia Primary
the blizzard of 3-12-93 

AS ALWAYS
PIO
******
I made a batch of chili using this recipe and found out my husband ALSO used
Carroll Shelby's Chili Mix.
4-28-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors