Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Time Flies

Since we have about a dozen clocks I decided to start resetting them early Saturday afternoon because of the end of Daylight Saving Time. I set Donny's and my alarm clock which was easy since they are digital. Then I set Colt's clock which is like ours. 


I was going to set the clock in the washroom when I asked Colt what time it was. It was 9 o'clock so I set the clock to 10 o'clock. Then Colt said to set it for 8 o'clock. That's when I realized I had to reset the clocks again and run them back. Geesh! I wish they'd pick a time and stick to it. This switching the clocks back and forth twice a year is just plain annoying. 


It's so much trouble to set the clock in my car that I keep it on regular time and have to mentally add an hour when it's Daylight Savings Time. It's too much trouble resetting it. The other day I turned on the flashers and had to pull over and read the book before I could figure out how to turn them off. See why I don't reset my car clock? It's too much trouble.


I hate it when it gets dark earlier. Now it will be getting dark at 6 o'clock instead of 7 o'clock. I'll have to put the dogs up and feed them and the cats around 5 o'clock instead of at 6 o'clock because I don't like feeding the animals in the dark. The cats will run around your legs and kill you if you're not watching. 


I'll have to cook dinner around 7 o'clock which used to be 8 o'clock so Donny will be hungry an hour longer until his body gets adjusted to the new time.


Like I said, I think they should quit screwing around with the time and leave it alone. 


I went back to Momma's and started tearing down a chair we are going to upholster. It seems like it takes as long to tear something down as it does to put it back together again. I have two little rockers my aunt gave me. I am tearing down the dirtiest of the two and going to cover it. Then I'll cover the other one just like the first. 


I'm trying to be very serious about this and really learn how to upholster. Momma has wanted me to learn for years. She has a nice little upholstery shop and supplies to work with. I had some material to cover the chairs with but Momma and I went to Wal-Mart and looked at some upholstery material they carry. She bought a couple of nice bolts of fabric that we can use for our projects. She used to have a fabric book to order upholstery. Maybe, if I get any good, we can get another catalog to order fabrics for our customers.


I've tried to learn to upholster before but something would always get in the way and I never got into it like I should have. Momma keeps reminding me that she won't be around forever and she might not be able to teach me much longer. Momma is health now, for her age, but you never get any guarantees so I figured if I really want to learn this I better jump on the opportunity she has offered me and go for it.


The added bonus about this is the time I get to spend with my momma doing something she enjoys. I've come to appreciate and admire my momma's talents and stamina. She isn't the type of person to live a sedentary lifestyle. I think that would drive her mad. She and my daddy are always up to something. 


While we were tearing down the little rocker, Daddy started working on a floor lamp he was rewiring, right there on the upholstery table. He got Momma to help him work on it. It is an antique lamp. It will turn out to be fabulous like everything else they ever do. Momma and Daddy are perfectionists and very talented. I only wish I had half their enthusiasm and I'd be happy. They run rings around me.


I feel like everything that's old is new again. Momma wants me and Scout to learn to upholster. I couldn't think of a better teacher or a better mentor. It's time to learn because, as everyone knows, time flies.


AS ALWAYS
PIO
*******
If you received this in an email you can click on Resaca Rose at the top and connect directly to the blog.

Comments Welcome

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind the time change; I don't work on sane people's schedules, anyway, ha! Good luck with the upholstering. Many times in my life I've wished I knew how to do that. It seems like something you'd enjoy while doing it, and proud of afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can learn to upholster as well as Momma can. That would make me proud.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors