Monday, October 12, 2015

OCTOBER

I think I'm going to rename my blog "the once-a-month" blog. It's becoming hit or miss here lately.

Last weekend we had company and I forgot to watch the goat. Our friends, Jason and Hanna, came to visit. Their little boy and his buddy went outside to play in the backyard. 

Our goat, Bonnie, was out back and we had a barrier to keep the goat off the carport. For some stupid reason, the goat decided to get on the back porch. Buddy thinks that's his back porch. He attacked the goat and tore her nose. By the time I realized what was happening I started hitting Buddy trying to make him let go of the goat's ear. Donny and Jason were there helping get Buddy off the goat. Blood was everywhere.

Hanna and Jason helped doctor the goat. I poured peroxide on the wound and Jason put some antibiotic on it. We left it uncovered.

Scout and Katie were able to come over the next day and clean and medicate the goat. Katie packed the tear with gauze and bandaged it with duct tape. Scout has been cleaning the wound and making sure she doesn't get an infection.

Buddy has been limping around ever since he attacked the goat. I don't know if the goat got him or if he got hurt while Jason was trying to pull him off of the goat. 

Jason's smart. He had to suffocate Buddy to make him let go. I never thought of that but I have heard that if you stick your finger up a dog's butt while it's attacking it will quit. Who the hell wouldn't? I'm glad they were here to help us.

It's always something around here.
* * *
My friend, Patricia, and I went to our class reunion. It was nice but a lot more low key than parties used to be.

When I took Patricia home we sat outside and talked for a while. Her dogs were chasing rabbits. We could see Luna, her wolf, bouncing after rabbits. Luna is huge. She is bigger than my old German Shepard named Rip used to be. Luna is beautiful.

Time seems to be speeding up and I'm not good at keeping up. Thanks for hanging in there with me and following me. Sometimes it seems like I'm too busy and too, dare I say it, happy to post anything. I'm afraid of jinxing it, whatever "it" is. 

I just want to take life easy and enjoy it from now on. I seriously doubt I'll get what I want though because like Al Bundy  from MARRIED, WITH CHILDREN said when someone said a killer was in the neighborhood and somebody might break in and kill him (or something like that), "Like I'd ever get anything I wanted!" Poor Al. Sometimes I understood him too well.

Have a happy and safe Halloween and don't sacrifice any goats or start any fights. 
OUCH!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Joann, Shannon, Alesha, Lon, Layla, Matt, Devan, Michelle, Kelly, 
Debbie, Chase, Barry, Diane, and Summer

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Kelly and Troy
Piette and Paul
Brittany and Corbin

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

RIP

AS ALWAYS
PIO


PBS 10-12-2015 Monday 09:30 pm EDT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors