Thursday, October 29, 2015

Buddy Killed Birdie

I've had a lovebird for a couple of years. Daddy caught it outside of his house on his air conditioning unit. I didn't want Mama to give it away when it got to be too much trouble to take care of so I brought him home with me. Scout and I were able to feed it by hand. 

After Scout and Colt didn't live here any longer the bird got real attached to me. He would fly around and land in a window and watch me fix dinner or wash dishes. He was getting friendlier and friendlier. 

The other day I had to go some place and I forgot and left Buddy in the house with the bird. It was out of his cage. When I came home that evening it took a while before I realized my little buddy, the bird, wasn't around annoying me and seeking my attention like he would usually do. I started feeling anxious and looked for him. I even went outside and whistled for him, hoping he would hear me and come to me. I knew something was wrong.

I finally found my little bird lying in the floor behind a chair. He had a gash in his chest. 

I was crushed. 

That bird was the last tangible thing I had from my father. It was my last living connection. It really hurt knowing I had lost my little bird because I was in a hurry and didn't even think about putting Buddy outside that day. It was my own fault.

I sure will miss my little friend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors