Monday, March 4, 2013

MARCH

I don't know about you, but I am excited because it's nearly spring. I hope to have another garden this year.

Well, well, well. I never thought I'd ever find any alcoholic drink I liked until I decided to buy some Peach Schnapps one weekend. I read a recipe on the back of the bottle for a Fuzzy Navel so I decided to pick up some schnapps and vodka. The first time I made one I thought, "Uh ... that's good." 

Tonight I thought, "What the heck? I don't have anywhere to go, or anything to do, so I think I'll make me another Fuzzy Navel." I had a jug of orange juice in the refrigerator. I added a couple of maraschino cherries and juice. All I needed was a little paper umbrella to make it festive. After drinking a couple of drinks I declared them my new favorite cocktail. They're sweet, and peachy, and have a fuzzy taste to them like when you eat peaches. Yum, yum. It's the perfect southern drink. I think I'll declare it cocktail hour more often. 

Not much has been going on around here. It's the same old same old. We sat in the sunlight on the carport today watching the crazy goat butting his head against the apple tree that is growing beside the bridge out back. When he tired of that, he butted his head against the park bench sitting under the tree. He also likes pooping all over the bridge. Little goat droppings are scattered on the wooden planks. Daddy calls them smart pills. No, really. They're smart pills! Try one and see if it doesn't make you a little bit smarter. 

Colt's on spring break this week. Colt's building homemade banjos out of old peanut cans, duct tape, and broke guitar strings. They turned out surprisingly good. Today he went to Bigham's Music Store in Dalton to see if he could get parts for a foot pedal for a guitar. Lord knows what he'll be up to next.

We had a visit on Sunday from our buddy, Jason, who came to see how we were doing. Colt roped him into helping change the oil in his Ford Focus. Jason always gets roped into helping the boys when he comes to visit. He's too good natured for his own good.

I'm getting tired of the cold, and hot, then cold again, temperatures. And the rain. Lord I'm getting tired of the rain. Even if all the pesky insects don't die, I want sunshine and warm temperatures. I want to watch things grow. I'm ready for spring.

I've got to go now. I think I hear Colt in the kitchen cupboard with my Peach Schnapps. I'll holler back later.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Heather, Jami, Dana, Mike, Mary Jane, Johnathon, Jason, Alex, Patsy, Sunshine

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

RIP
Jerry White, Debbie Chitwood,
Crick Marshall, Mary Bell Carter, Evelyn Chastain, and Lela Smith


REMEMBER
the blizzard of 3-12-93 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors