Monday, March 25, 2013

A Tisket A Tasket

These are some of Mama's baskets . . . 





Have I ever told you how talented my mother is? If I haven't, I should have. Mama can do anything. She taught herself how to make baskets out of pine needles. It is very time consuming. Some people have asked Mama if she wanted to sell her baskets but she's put too much time and patience into them. It takes days to make a basket. 

A friend told Mama that her baskets were very valuable. Like the old saying goes, if you have to ask how much it costs, you probably can't afford one. I am encouraging Mama to put her baskets in the fair this fall to show them off. By then, she should have dozens at the rate she is going now and she can pick her best, although I think all of them are the best.

But seriously, aren't they beautiful? My mother has always been able to create beautiful things. I'm not surprised to see her mastering another craft. She's incredible for an old woman. I wish I was half as talented as she is. She's my hero.

AS ALWAYS
PIO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors