Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summertime

Wow, I can't believe it's already summer. We've been pretty busy around here. Colt and Scout made a garden. Colt bought the plants. We have squash, okra, peppers, and tomatoes, so far. I'm rooting cotton and gourd seeds. The garden is small but we can always add on. Right now it is just the right size for a low maintenance garden.




We mulched with newspaper and straw. It keeps the weeds down and cuts out the hoeing and weeding. The layers of paper and straw keeps moisture in the ground better. By the end of summer the papers will decompose enough to be turned under in the garden and turn into mulch again.

Everything is growing around here. The cane has sprouted up over my head. The guys laughed when I said that. "That's not very high." they laugh, and say. Smarty-pants.



We've been pretty busy running around and playing in the sun. Wait until you see my next project! I think you're going to like it. I'm keeping it a secret until we get it together. I'll give you one hint: think Hoola-hoop
.

AS ALWAYS
PIO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors