Saturday, May 4, 2013

MAY

May the 4th be with you ...

I'm so glad it's finally May. April was a busy month for me. I had to go back for another mammogram and my gums got infected. Between worrying about my tests and my teeth, I have been very stressed. 

Besides all that, every time it rains we go on alert and Don pulls out the sump pump to put under the house. Water got up to the return duct under the house last time it rained and the pump quit working. He took it back and bought one that moves lots more water. 

Don and Scout dug a hole under the house today to put a bucket in for the sump pump. That way, we don't have to keep dragging the pump back in and out of the house. I bet it won't be long before we can test it because they're predicting more rain. I'm tired of all the flooding around here. It's got to stop. Doesn't it?

Don's been working six days a week lately. He stays tired and doesn't feel like doing a thing around here. Thankfully, the boys are here. Colt mowed the backyard for me today. I just didn't feel like doing it. I think my body is tired from oral surgery. Doctor Phil scraped my gums. 

I tell you, if I didn't have any crap going on I wouldn't have anything to talk about at all. It seems like it's always something. I guess that's the way it is for most people. Sometimes life seems to be going along just fine and everybody and everything seems to be doing well. Other times you can't turn around without hearing bad news and other people's troubles. I prefer the former, to the latter. It seems like when everybody is having trouble there's bad juju in the air or something. I'm always afraid I'm going to catch it. Or, bad lucky's going to notice me and land on my head, or something. I know. I have a whacky imagination sometimes and I tend to see patterns in things and wonder if I'm crazy or they're real!

I do have a healthy imagination. I needed one when I was growing up. I didn't have any brothers or sisters to play with me so I played by myself. You can see remnants of the inner-me when I start talking to myself in public. Usually I'm just reminding myself to stay focused and think of what I need to do like, "Don't forget to buy shampoo and dog food." or something like that, but sometimes I start talking out loud about things I'm thinking in my head and worry that someone might drop a net on me. You never know.

Today I called Home Depot to ask if they carried sump pump buckets. I was willing to race to the store to buy one if they did. The man who spoke to me told me they didn't carry them in the store, but I could buy them online. I said something about that being stupid. I didn't want to order one. I needed it right now. 

He kept referring to me as "sir". The first time he said it, I said, "ma'am" but he kept on talking. When he called me "sir" the second time I said, loudly and clearly, "I'm not a man. I'm a woman." He said "Oh, sorry." and I could hear a little titter as he said it. The old fool was laughing at me.

He asked another employee where I might find a bucket and they recommended the Tractor Supply. (Gee, thanks guys.) You'd think a home depot would carry all the supplies you need. If you sell sump pumps it wouldn't hurt you to also carry sump buckets so you don't have to send your customers to your competitors. Some people just kill me.

It's time to close this little ditty and get some rest. Like Forrest Gump said, "I'm tired. I think I'm rest now." Good night y'all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Rachel, Steve, Connie, Maranda, Vivian, Nita, Junior, and Madison

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

RIP
Edwadene McAllister, Grampaw Carter, Ev Chastain

REMEMBER
Mother's Day, Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day

AS ALWAYS
PIO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors