Tuesday, February 5, 2013

FEBRUARY

February started off with a bang. So far there has been a tornado, an earthquake, and even a little bit of snow. Jonquils and mini-forsythias are struggling to bloom. Mother Nature's turned upside down. The weather is like a crazy bitch, blowing hot and cold. There's no telling what might happen next. 

No matter what the groundhog says, we still have about six more weeks of winter. It sure is a wet winter. Colt said the Almanac had predicted that. I don't know how they are able to nail weather so often but those farmers always had to watch the weather so they probably passed it on for thousands of years. 

Saturday I watched a marathon showing of Groundhog Day, all day long. It's a surprisingly sweet and romantic film with Bill Murray and Andie McDowell. The more I watched it, the more I liked it. 

Sunday I immersed myself in The Walking Dead reruns while the guys watched football. Today was Superbowl Sunday. The Ravens and the 49ers. That's a big deal in America. Half of the country, and most of the south, watch the Superbowl. Go Teams!

Colt's friends, Brent, and Brenda, and their three kids came to watch the Superbowl. They stayed until Brenda's little boy got cranky and wanted to go home. He was a tired little fellow. 

I am enamored with the twins, Mason and MacKenzie. Boy, what a handful. They're old enough to walk now. Oy! I adore little kids. Their older brother,Logan, was a very well mannered and sweet little boy. He had enjoyed seeing the chickens and goat when they first came over. He just wasn't used to being over here and was tired after a few hours. I can understand that. I get antsy when I'm in another environment, too, if I have to stay too long.
*****
I've taken up reading again. I bought a paperback from our new Dollar General Market and got hooked. It was a light look at Washington through the eyes of an idealistic young woman who worked for a young Senator at the capitol. Since I've been so immersed in politics lately, I thought it would be fun to read a story about it from the "inside". The book Sammy's Hill by Kristin Gore was fin-tas-tic! (You'll have to read the book to get that reference.) If you run across this book and like a good romantic comedy, check it out. You won't be disappointed.

I've started on another paperback book from the dollar store. It's a humdinger. It is written by someone raised in north Georgia. I can hardly wait to see how it ends. More book reviews later, maybe.

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Mikki, Alicia, Brooke, Don, Douglas, Bailey

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

RIP
Delbert Callahan

AS ALWAYS
PIO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors