Thursday, April 7, 2011

APRIL

Did you know . . . 
Easter is one of the movable feasts of the Christian religion. Its date varies each year, but it falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 21. It cannot come before March 22 or after April 25. The first Nicene Council in A.D. 325 set the method of determining the date of Easter.
(World Book Encyclopedia, vintage 1960)
Easter is April 24, 2011. Palm Sunday is the previous Sunday on April !7, 2011.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


APRIL RAIN
It isn't raining rain to me, it's raining daffodils;
In every dimpled drop I see wild flowers on the hills.
The clouds of grey engulf the day and overwhelm the town -
It isn't raining rain to me, it's raining roses down.
It isn't raining rain to me, but fields of clover bloom
Where any buccaneering bee may find a bed and room,
A health unto the happy, a fig for him who frets -
It isn't raining rain to me, it's raining violets.
***
Poem by Robert Loveman, a famous poet who lived in Dalton Georgia
(1864-1923)

======================================================
    Q: How do bunnies stay healthy?
     A: Eggercise 
    Q: What do you get when you find a rabbit with no hair? 
    A: A hairless hare! 
    Q: Why are people always tired in April?
    A: Because they just finished a march 
    Q: Why did the Easter egg hide? 
    A: He was a little chicken! 
    Q: What do you call ten rabbits marching backwards? 
    A: A receding hareline. 
    Q: How do you catch a unique bunny? 
    A: UNIQUE UP ON IT! 
    Q: What did the rabbit say to the carrot? 
    A: It's been nice gnawing at you. 
    Q: Do you know how bunnies stay in shape? 
    A: Hareobics. 
    Q: What's the difference between a bunny and a lumberjack?
    A: One chews and hops, the other hews and chops.


It has been a very wet spring. It seems like the plumbing barely starts working right before another storm comes through here, flooding our yard again. I bet we will have a very hot, steamy summer because we certainly are getting lots of water. I am so happy to see spring arrive that I don't even mind the mind-numbing heat of summer, yet. Back when I was young my parents didn't have air conditioning except in their bedroom. My parents worked the night shift most of their lives and they slept in the day. It was nearly impossible to sleep in the stifling heat of summer during the day without air conditioning. Years later they finally got air conditioning for the entire house. When they moved to Florida they didn't even use air conditioning down there. They were used to the heat and humidity. I got used to not using air conditioning when I drove my old Ford truck so when I started driving the Buick I didn't use it. Donny told me that I needed to use it sometimes so it wouldn't mess up, or something like that. Sometimes I listen to him about as well as the kids listen to the teacher in the Peanuts cartoon. "Waah waah waah wah"


Has anybody else thought about starting a garden? If you have, what are you going to plant? I've already seen plants at Bills Grocery. We always buy our tomato and pepper plants from them. They had broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, tomatoes and flowers out front. Scout and I have been talking about making a garden on the north end of the backyard and fencing it in to keep the animals out. I also saw something about making a garden out of straw bales. We have one bale left from last fall so I think we will plant something in that and see how it turns out. That sounds even better than the topsy-turvy planters.


We've already started mowing and cutting bushes and cleaning up around here. Last weekend the boys trimmed all the bushes in the front yard. I counted more that thirty bushes. I grew each one of those bushes from cuttings off of a bush from my Daddy's house. My daddy taught me how to root bushes. Every Rose of Sharon bush in my front and backyard was grown from cuttings I rooted in the backyard. I can grow just about anything if I want to. I guess I have a green thumb.


I hope you noticed that I've enhanced my website. I put several gadgets on my sidebar on the right. I put up a survey, too. It is on the right. Please take the time to answer my survey and let me know if you enjoyed your visit. I have been having so much fun building my blog. 


I've made touch with some old friends and lots of relatives that I never get to be around. I have some wonderful cousins who are computer savvy and willing to help me learn a few things. Thanks yall. They are also talented writers who have published several books. Right now I am reading my cousin Tommie Lyn's book On Berryhill Road on Smashbooks. ( You can check 'em out on various sites, like, Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, but, here's a link to my Smashwords page: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/TommieLyn) My cousin Connie Chastain recently published Storm Surge. ( http://amzn.to/gMEJOA -- On sale ten days early! Woohoo! Supposed to launch April 15, but on sale early due to Romantic Times Convention in Calif. Thanks DBP EIC Gail Delaney for the early release!) I think you can find books for both authors on Amazon, too. If you like books, please check theirs out.


My son's fiancee Kimberly Reeves says: 
JOIN US THIS SAT (Ap 9 at KOA) FOR THE MISS SPRING QUEEN PAGEANT IN CALHOUN GA!!Groovy Gals and Guys Pageants!! EVERY GIRL GETS A TIARA AND TROPHY!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Sanna, Patricia, Susie, Debbie, Aja, Allen, and Kathy.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Myra and Noodie
Ann and Jim
PIO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors