Wednesday, July 4, 2012

JULY


Americans are a sturdy lot. We have the advantage of being a melting pot. That's a polite way of saying that we're mongrels. Everyone is a mix of nationalities and cultures and ethnicity's. I wonder what American's will look like in the next hundred years. I imagine the face of America will be much different than it is today.

Speaking  of  Mongrels . . . 

The other day I took a dip in our backyard pool. It's one of those with the blow up ring around the top. It's big enough to hold a floating chair, a couple of beach balls, and two rubber duckies. It's a cheerful little pool. 

I've been trying to get Don to come swimming with me. I was playing in the pool one day when I saw him trudging toward the pool wearing his swimming trunks. He finally took the plunge, so to speak.

It's very pleasant floating around in a warm pool of water looking at the clouds in the sky, and the tops of the trees touching the sky. It's almost hypnotic lying on a float relaxing in the water.

Tuesday I bought a big beach ball and got Don to help me blow it up with the air compressor. I left it in the pool and came inside. I went into the washroom and looked out the window and noticed the ball wasn't in the pool anymore. Then I saw the top of Colt's head bobbing in the pool. 

Colt popped up and jumped out of the pool, marching towards the bridge in our backyard. Before I could figure what he was doing, he grabbed Buddy up and pivoted around, marching to the pool. He threw Buddy in the pool and then jumped in with him. I ran to open his bedroom window and yelled at him for throwing the dog in the pool! 

What is the matter with that boy? You'd think I wouldn't have to keep an eye on him all the time but that's not true. There's no telling what he might do. I thought I wouldn't have to monitor him after he was grown but I guess I was wrong.

Wednesday is the fourth of July. Don promised to cook chicken on the grill so I invited family over. Maybe we can have a nice peaceful 4th of July. I just doubt anybody will want to take a dip in the pool after Buddy's been in it. 

Temperatures are still dancing around a hundred degrees and this is just the beginning of summer. Whew! It looks like it's going to be a long, hot summer. Stay cool y'all and Happy Fourth of July. Welcome to the early dog days of summer.
*****

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Krista, Jeremy, Athena, Connie, Jennifer, Christy, Nathan, Madison, Holly, Coven, Tristan, Evitt, Tillie, and
everybody celebrating this month

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
everybody celebrating this month

REMEMBER
the 4th of JULY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's more fun than just lurking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you receive Resaca Rose in email you can click on the name at the top of the page and connect directly to the blog. You will be able to see the sidebar and additional settings that are not displayed in the email format.

Map Locator

Locations of Site Visitors